This session provides an overview of how the compliance role has changed in the last ten years and and how compliance activities have changed throughout a physical therapy practice's exponential growth from 3 clinics to over 700. This course provides the tools and knowledge to immediately establish, scale and document compliance activities based upon a risk assessment tool, in order to establish the presence of a compliance program and mitigate potential risk in audits and investigations.
cert_Insert Up To
CEU Approval and Certification - PPS
Private Practice Section online courses are accepted by the following physical therapy licensure boards, as allowed by the type of course requirements in state regulations: AL, AZ, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NY, NC, ND, OK, OR, PR, RI, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY.
The Private Practice Section is accredited by the California Physical Therapy Association (Provider # CPTAAP-12) and the Texas Physical Therapy Association (Provider # 2008027TX). Consequently, all courses are accepted by California and Texas.
PPS online courses are NOT approved in AK, AR, LA, MD, NV, NM, NJ, OH and PA.
PPS issues CEUs/CCUs based on the following definitions: 1 CEU = 10 contact hours/10 CCUs. .1 CEU = 1 contact hour/1 CCU. 1 contact hour/1 CCU is equal to 60 minutes of structured educational activity.
- Describe compliance requirements for therapy practices, both large and small and Affordable Care Act (ACA) mandates.
- Describe the five key federal health care laws (enforcement), applicable state laws and their application to therapy practices and the danger of not knowing them.
- Explain why the Office of Inspector General describes “detecting problems” as the hallmark of an effective compliance program.
The PPS member discount will show up once you get to your shopping cart. You will not see this discount applied until you add the course to your cart, and then click on "shopping cart".
Brought to you by
|1||APTA Compliance Officer.mp4|
- Non Member$155.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$120.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Private Practice$89.00(until 12/31/2030)